04 November 2011

Salesmen

Things are constantly being put through the mail slot in my front door even though we put up a "no junk mail sign". Before the sign, it was a new leaflet, business card or menu every few hours, and now it is still a few things a day.

We also get people who knock on the door trying to sell me stuff. Today it was a guy selling fish! (He's come a few times). Yesterday around "tea" time a young guy with a big duffel bag rang the doorbell. He talked with a heavy accent but I think he said he had gotten out of jail and was trying to get a second chance by selling "merchandise". He wanted to know if he could come in and if I had a few seconds he would show me his "merchandise". I did not, however, invite him in, and I'll never know what was in that big lumpy bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment