Walk into most restaurants and whether they are upscale or a hole in the wall, you are likely to find this on the menu:
- Mushrooms with Stilton cream on rye toast
-Potted smoked mackerel
- Pork belly - or another nasty sounding meat
- Beer battered fish and chips with mushy peas.
- Some kind of roast meat and gravy with potatoes, turnips and carrots and Yorkshire pudding (not a pudding, but something resembling a deflated popover)
- Some part of a lamb with mint sauce
- A pie: Pieces of meat or fish with various "veg" baked in a pastry
-Bangers and mash (sausages)
At a "fancy" place they'll tell you where the animals lived - "West
Country beef", "Trealy Farm British meat platter" or "Gloucester Old
Spot sausages". They like to tell you that any meat or produce you are
eating is British.
- Chips (AKA fries)
- Creamed leaks
- Cauliflower and cheese
- "Veg" - usually peas, carrots, corn and maybe chopped up broccoli
-Beans on toast
-Chicken or fish fingers with chips
-Bangers and mash
- Something with rhubarb
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream (YUM!)
Always 2 sunny side up eggs, baked beans, white toast, baked tomato, cooked mushrooms, sausages, bacon and black pudding (huh?!).